10 Best TV Shows of the Decade

Can’t really complain with Bill Mann’s 10 best TV shows of the decade, but I wouldn’t have The Sopranos #1, I would have bumped The Shield for 30 Rock and had Friday Night Lights as an Honorable Mention. What do you supposed 6 Feet Under bumps out? Stewart/Colbert probably ought to be counted as one show. What do you think of the list? What were your favorite shows of the decade?

1. The Sopranos (HBO)
2. Deadwood (HBO)
3. The Wire (HBO)
4. The Colbert Report (Comedy Central)
5. The Daily Show With Jon Stewart (Comedy Central)
6. Mad Men (AMC)
7. Curb Your Enthusiasm (HBO)
8. Extras (HBO)
9. The Shield (FX)
10. The West Wing (NBC)
Honorable Mention: Countdown With Keith Olbermann (MSNBC); Weeds (Showtime); Fareed Zakaria GPS (CNN); The Office (BBC version).

10 Best TV Shows of the Decade

0 thoughts on “10 Best TV Shows of the Decade

1. aaron cohen says:

I could see the ones listed above as honorable mentions. I don’t think Dexter or Always Sunny are consistent enough, though though they have flashes of brilliance. Lost, I think, has been very innovative, but there are entire sections of seasons that are frustrating and annoying.

1. Lisa E. says:

From Mann’s list, I’ve only seen The Wire (which is my #1) and Stewart/Colbert (I agree they make more sense as a single item). My list includes Six Feet Under, Dexter (I thought this season redeemed any previous weaknesses), Big Love, Arrested Development, Family Guy, The IT Crowd, and can I nominate just the first two seasons of Battlestar Galactica?

2. Kate says:

1. Always Sunny in Philedelphia
    2. Friday Night Lights
    3. Family Guy
    4. The Office
    5. Freaks and Geeks
    6. The Wire
    7. Curb Your Enthusiam
    8. 30 Rock
    9. Mad Men
    10. Tim and Eric’s Awesome Show

3. Tim says:

You know what was the most gripping drama of the decade? The one that had its viewers on their toes week in and week out? YOUR MOM. What a great series.

Your list is HORRIBLE. I definitely like at least half those shows but that was the most pretentious list! Wow, a shout-out to Keith Olbermann. Could’ve called that after I saw 4, count them, FOUR shows from HBO in your top 7. Where’s The Tudors? What about Rome? Too bad Arliss didn’t appear in this century, or it would have sneaked in at 9 or 10. Also, 2 Ricky Gervais shows? How edgy of you. But all that would be somewhat forgiveable if you had included LOST and Arrested Development, obvious top-5ers.

This is all subjective, I KNOW, and lists like this are meant to provoke debate, but it’s like he didn’t even try. Awful, awful job.

4. kasidra says:

6. CSI Vegas
    7. Mythbusters
    8. True Blood
    9. House
    10. Lost

6. Steve says:

Ummm, how about 24?? Prison Break?? House???

1. 24
    2. Entourage
    3. Weeds
    4. Californication
    5. The Office
    6. Curb Your Enthusiasm
    7. Lost
    8. Dexter
    9. House
    10.Two and a Half Men

7. Laurent says:

Oh and special mention to Dr Horrible’s sing-along blog, and also the Guild. And Heroes season1 for trying even if it went horribly wrong, and 24 for the real-time suspense thingie, even if not one season ever made any sense.

8. Oscar says:

Another vote for Arrested Development. By far one of the greatest (smartest) shows of this decade, if not all time. How quick one is to forget shows that aired in the first half of the decade. I also love The Wire so glad that is on there…

9. Zach says:

Even though Lost can be frustrating sometimes, it has been extremely groundbreaking for tv, considering the fact that it uses movie-quality special effects and writing. Another innovative and groundbreaking show, even though it hasn’t been on that long is Glee.